Friday, July 9, 2010

Where have I wandered thus far?

Dear Reader,

The pictures below are from a few places I visited in the North and Scotland. I visited Edinburgh Castle, Royal Mile, National Gallery, The Fountains Abbey, and Richmond Castle.

Please enjoy the pictures and if you have anything to say please leave a comment below.

Humming Bird Album:

Edinburgh Castle

another angle 



The castle is really great with many exhibitions, museums, and the opportunity to look at how royalty lived. There is a great view of the entire town of Edinburgh from the highest point allowed called the “Castle in the Sky”. I really enjoyed walking into the Great Hall and the rooms especially the birth room in which King James was born.

Royal Mile


The Royal Mile is the typical tourist distraction like entertainment, vendors, and performers. I really enjoyed the small restaurant I stopped for lunch. I took a break and listened to a performer play the bagpipe. I really wished I had taken the “haunted tour” of Edinburgh, but I felt it was not worth the money. There are many shops with souvenirs and trinkets fit for the family and friends back home.

National Gallery


The National Gallery is a must stop if you visit Edinburgh. The gallery has a great collection of Impressionist art and the some of the older pieces from the 17th and 18th Century which are amazing. I was in awe because some of the pieces placed in exhibition were some I had seen in many of my textbooks from high school. Unfortunately I could not take pictures.

The Fountains Abbey


Thinking everyday...



I really loved the scenery because it was still very natural. The ruins of the castle are fun to explore, read, write or have a nice picnic. Although many people come to see the Fountains Abbey, the place is quite enormous that it does not get crowded. There are many little chambers one can find to stop and just think.

Richmond Castle


Me sitting of course! 



The castle is small compared to the other locations I visited. I really enjoyed this site because it was still intact for the most part. One can really get a sense of the life before within its brick walls.

Best,
Bertii

P.S: “More wander travels to come! Perhaps London?” 

No comments:

Post a Comment