Friday, July 9, 2010

Scotland and the North


Dear Reader,

I arrived in Edinburgh, Scotland quite tired from the long 6 hour coach (bus) drive, but not before a couple of pit stops and the Fountain Abbey as you can see below. The sights so far have been amazing! I cannot believe what wondrous treasures the world has to offer abroad. I enjoy strolling the sidewalks and stopping once a while to look at the intricate architecture or small cafĂ©’s and shops. I found the Royal Mile great which is number of streets that have restaurants, shops, entertainment, tours of the area, and vendors selling their products. Amidst all the tourist distractions, I was highly anticipating something I had always wanted to see—the Edinburgh Castle. I decided to grab a bite to eat and mark the places I wanted to visit in the area including the Castle.

I stopped at a nice cozy restaurant named Crag & Tail and ordered the sausage, sweet onion, and mash. It was delicious. After leaving I headed up Castle Hill, which leads to Edinburgh Castle. I paid for my entrance and entered threw the castle’s passageway into the city within. There were loads of people, but not so crowed that it took from my experience. I walked the cobblestone paths, visited the different towers, royal rooms, and halls of the castle. The place was a palace. I wish I could have taken photographs of the King’s Crown, wand, and royal sword specially fit for a king, but it was not allowed. The halls are grand and quite decorative with paintings of the royal family; King James. The plate of beauty I was feeding my eyes and soul felt great. At a point I reached the highest point that was allowed by visitors in Edinburgh castle and took photographs of the entire city. It felt good to know that I was really here.

I began to think of home and family. I felt a bit lonely because I wanted to tell someone how much fun I was having but everyone I confine in was across the world. I began to miss my family not because I was lonely but because they could not experience the richness of the journey unfolding before my eyes. I wished they had the same opportunity to experience all that have seen in one week.]


A beautiful view of the entire city of Edinburgh and me of course

Best,
Bertii

P.S: “I miss you little brother, mom, and dad”

1 comment:

  1. Good morning, This is Dr Juan Francisco Lara at UC Irvine. If this site is still operative, send me an Email with your email address and update me on your life since UCI! Lara@uci.edu or text at 626-390-0176

    ReplyDelete