Monday, July 19, 2010

London oh how I like to wander thy streets..

Dear Reader,

It has been quite a while since my last post. Here are a couple of pictures of the more exploring I have done this past weekend. I went to London and saw many of its historical sights such as the Globe, Parliament, Big Ben and so many others that you can see below. Please enjoy until my next post.


THE LONDON EYE


A really neat sight!


SHAKESPEARE'S: THE GLOBE


The tour of the stage was amazing and so much history in how plays were actually meant to be performed. There is a structure but it would take too long to explain; basically the higher up one is the more expensive and of higher class one represented. I saw King Henry VIII and King Henry IV Part I (there are 3 parts and is part of Shakespeare's Historical plays). This is not the original Globe and is actually the second Globe, the first one burned down way before many of us were born, but with the help of Shakespeare's company the Globe exist today! (some history for you!)


BIG BEN


This is Big Ben!


BUCKINGHAM PALACE


This is Buckingham Palace. The gate and building is pretty neat but the walk threw St. James park was the real treat because of the scenery leading up to the palace.

THE MILLENNIUM BRIDGE


Pretty amazing all I can really say is that it was on Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince! 


THE LONDON BRIDGE


The London was not as big as I thought it would be. I tried half an hour looking how I could cross but then gave up so I just took the picture.

THE UNDERGROUND


The best way to get around London of course! 

Once again thank you reader for your support! 

Best,
Bertii

P.S: More exploring on my agenda! But before that its work time, wish me good luck on mid-terms!

No comments:

Post a Comment