Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Eating International: Good Eat(s) #1

Dear Reader,

I have eaten quite much here in the U.K some good than others to my palate. Below I have a couple of pictures and thoughts of the food here thus far. Hope you find this entry in good taste and well if you get hungry, my apologies!

Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
Restaurant: Crag & Tail
Food: Sausage, sweet onion, and mash


The dish is quite delicious, I was skeptical at first because I never imagine sausage and mash together on the same plate, but to my surprise the dish was really good. The sweet onions really balance the sausage and mash. I loved the gravy sauce which has the sweet onions. It was reasonably priced and the setting was warm, relaxing and a good place to write. 


Location: Edinburgh Castle
Restaurant: The Wild Elephant
Food: Veggie Pad-Thai & Coconut Rice


Unfortunately I do not have a picture of my dish so this is as close as it gets! The pad-thai at the Wild Elephant was great because of the spices they use and the chef making meal, originally from Thailand, was quite nice. The waitress was very accommodating. I really enjoyed the coconut rice because the coconut sauce brought out flavors of rice that is not commonly apparent when eating plain steamed rice. It was really creamy and sweet.



Location: Cambridge, England
Restaurant/Dinning Hall: King's College Hall
Dish: Roasted Duck on bed of mash with season vegetables in a onion soup cream


This dish is among my favorites. It was served at one of the Formal Halls at King's College where we drink wine, dine, and talk with fellows of Cambridge and friends. The meal was part of a 3 course; onion soup, salad, and the Roast Duck on bed of mash. The cream sauce was great. The duck was so moist and full of flavor.


Best,
Bertii

P.S: "DISCLAIMER: I am not a food critique" 

No comments:

Post a Comment